Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Surprise!

Good evening everyone!  

Today I tried my hand at a humorous Easter card for a friend. I wanted something a little different than the typical bunny or chick card.  I wanted to use my Crocs Rule cartridge and guess what I found, a croc in an egg shell.  I added the ears from Create a Critter 2 and we have a croc jumping out of an egg.

I used an Easter themed and green lattice paper for the background. I used the croc in egg as the main element.  I first cut out the egg too small, instead of tossing it, I decided to use it for the sentiment.  It sort of gives the croc a breaking out of the egg look.



Supplies

light lavender - A2 Card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
green lattice paper - 4" x 3"
Easter themed paper- 4" x 3.5"
croc in egg - Crocs Rule - cut at 3 with real dial size off - on two layers of foam tape
bunny ears - Create a Critter 2 - cut at 1.3 with real dial size off 
egg sentiment - Crocs Rule - cut at 2 with real dial size off - on one layer of foam tape


Submitted to the following challenges


10 comments:

  1. That card is so stinkin cute! Thanks for entering at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the croc jumping right out of the egg! Love the bunny ears. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Happy Easter' challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha what a cute surprise in the egg ;) So cute!

    Rebecca, Fantabulous Cricut DT
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Check out my new challenge blog DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun funny card!!!

    Thank you for joining us at FCCB

    DT Member Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's thinking outside the box. The Easter Croc, too funny. Thanks for joining our Easter challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, I like the non traditional image on the Easter challenge!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love how you took the crocodile image and made it Easter-y! He so cute with those bunny ears!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Exploring Cricut Easter Challenge. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete