Sunday, September 15, 2013

Polymer Stamp

Good evening everyone, today I'm posting about polymer stamps.  My husband got me a kit from Granthams, it was truly a thoughtful gift.  My first 2 attempts failed, but the third was a charm and I could not be happier.   I followed the instructions posted on instructables, they have them on the Granthams site, but I like the break down of the instructions on instructables.

The poor stamping in the picture below was my misdoing.  The only con of this polymer stamp is that it bled with Distress Ink by Tim Holtz, and did not create a crisp inking.  I am going to try to condition it more to see if that helps with the bleeding.  More cards will be posted soon.
Supplies:
Lights - I used two 24" black uv lights (props from Halloween)
Cleaning solution -  I used dish soap
Brush -  I used an old soft toothbrush, it came in handy getting the non-hardened gel out of the small spaces on the stamp.
Negative - created in Photoshop but any paint program should work.
Transparency - inkjet based printable sheets - printer settings high quality.

Notes on the negatives - after some research I found that companies that make the polymer stamps use a min of 4 pt for lines.  The font I used for the URL was at 12 pt.  I want to experiment to see if I will be able to get down to clear 4 pt lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment